These days, CCNA is in high demand for many reasons – ranging from its credibility to it being the most trusted basic Cisco training certification. Clearing this certification impresses recruiters, increases job retention rate, ensures high salary, and much more.
The new Cisco security certification justifies its creation for new IT professionals, by opening for them, a swift path in security specialization. For expert networking professionals, it will appear as an enhancement to their career knowledge and skills.
Are you willing to pursue Cisco CCNA Security certification, but still in doubt about its being right? This article has got you covered then. Let’s talk about 8 most important things that you should know about CCNA security certification exam conducted by CISCO.
1. Need of CCNA
The need of security in IT domain is of extreme importance. So, the skilled security managers are in high demand in networking job market. IT companies generally meet with constant security threats, hence needing the skilled staff, especially to manage applications and devices. Also, they are always willing to strengthen their security infrastructure and to look for vulnerabilities in associative networks. As there is a need, there is demand.
The questions in CCNA are probably related to security issues. The Security curriculum stresses on confidentiality and availability of data, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices, the installation, to maintain integrity and devices, core security technologies and other competing technologies that Cisco uses for security reasons. These may vary as per the change in the syllabus or other alteration, but the basic syllabus these topics cover at least:
- Content and Endpoint Security-Mitigation technology for endpoint threats, mitigation technology for web-based threats, mitigation technology for email-based threats, and so on.
- IPS: IPS technologies and IPS deployment considerations,
- Cisco Firewall Technologies: Firewall features on the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) 9.x. Implement zone-based firewall, Implement NAT on Cisco ASA 9.x, Compare state vs. stateless firewalls, Weaknesses of the different firewall technologies and their Operational strengths
- Secure Routing and Switching: This topic covers, VLAN security, Mitigation procedures, Common Layer 2 attacks, Securing the control plane, Securing routing protocols, and Security on Cisco routers.
- VPN: VPN Site-to-site VPN Remote access, and VPN concepts.
- Secure Access: BYOD, 802.1 X authentications, AAA concepts and Security management.
- Security Concepts: Network Topologies, Cryptography concepts, Common security threats and Common security principles.
Salary range varies according to your company, country, gender, experience, work profile, and your skills, when networking is your field. So, it would be difficult to tell you precise amount. But yes, an approximation has been made by Cisco – The average male salary ranges between Rs 151,232 – Rs 777,355, whereas for female CCNA ranges from Rs 177,279 – Rs 638,150.
4. Career scope
The CCNA is an entry-level certification. It is one of the most credible certifications for those who seek high-level networking profession. The demand for Risk management and security skills is continually growing. Also, CCNA Security is a sea of knowledge for both fresher and experienced candidates. If one looks for expert level certification from CISCO, then CCNA acts as a prerequisite. It opens the ways to become Network Security Support Engineer, Security Administrator, Security Technician, Network Security Specialist and Network Security Engineer.
It is valuable for the expansion of your knowledge and experience. As a result, CCNA-certified employees get promoted and receive high salary. It is a route to success, as it helps in career growth and company growth which leads to contentment, along with the extreme respect you gain.
6. Future Opportunities
CCNA security professionals can upgrade their skills through CCSP and CCIE security certifications or gain more experience to avail better future opportunities.
Prerequisites of CCNA certification include the following:
1) CISCO CCENT
2) CCNA Routing and Switching
3) CCIE certification
8. Exam Description
The Implementation of Cisco Network Security 640-553 IINs is required for the CCNA security certification exam. Also, you need to answer 60-70 questions within 90-minutes.