An alternative for RSYNC for Windows is GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise and a number of customers are going for it. There is no denying that RSYNC for Windows is an excellent tool, but the primary issue is that it is unable to provide the performance, which is inherent in the technology available today.
Another downside is that RSYNC is not very intuitive so getting it to work properly can become immensely difficult. GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise, on the other hand, works in the same way as RSYNC for Windows (CWRSync), but it is considerably more robust and offers a variety of features that are lacking in RSYNC.
Some of the top features that you can get through GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise are:
- Proprietary multi-threading technology is used for delivering robust performance where multiple files can be copied simultaneously. What is completed in 3 hours by RSYNC, GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise is able to do in a fraction of that time.
- You can replicate files at file level or block level.
- A single (configurable) TCP port can be used for copying files with the option of using AES encryption and compression or using SMB path (\\UNC).
- GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise operates as a service and can be scheduled for running at a certain time and repeating on a set criteria such as every weekday or fixed intervals such as end of the month.
- Environmental variables are supported.
- A set it and forget it mentality can be adopted as it offers full automation and it is also able to send email notifications when the copy job is successful, a failure or both.
- It can be installed, configure and set up within a matter of minutes, which can help in saving a lot of time.
- It boasts a logical and intuitive design and is extremely easy to use. Not only does it have a simple and powerful GUI, it also provides support for command line interface out of the box.
- GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise can copy NTFS ACL permissions, offers support for long path names, places date and time stamps, can replicate folder and file attributes and open and copy locked files.
- GuruSquad provides complete premier support for GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise and it is fully documented i.e. has a video library and admin guide.
Whether you are looking for CWRSync or RSYNC, GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise will come off as a better option for data migration and data replication projects.