Over the past few years, the undue importance of internet cannot be denied. The emerging e-media trends have ultimately led to pooling overflows of data in its every possible form, i.e. refined, raw, analyzed, processed, etc. Now the question arises what good can this enormous storehouse of data yield? This exponential growth of data leads to 99.9% accurate analyzed results, which ultimately aids in healthy decision making. Hence, any diligent decision move can lead to increased operational efficiencies, thus a simple data analysis leads to risk free reduction in overall cost of a business. This ever escalating growth of data evolves a new terminology to amalgamate structured as well as unstructured data, i.e. Big Data. What is the Big Data revolution, and how does this simple phenomena marked huge differences in the profit/loss statements of business communities? Given below is a detailed insight into these questions and many more striking your mind:
Impacts of Big Data on Businesses
Big Data revolution implies that mere gathering of data is not suffice to yield accurate data analysis, but harnessing relevant data is mandatory to procure cost & time reductions, development of new products, optimization of new promotions on products, and healthy business decisions. With the combined duo of this harnessed Big Data and high powered data analytics any business firm can benefit as following:
1. Big data eases the extraction as well as analysis of useful information from the sheer volumes of amassed data, without overwhelming the data processing platforms.
2. Adequately analyzed big data can narrow down the root causes of company losses to minimize the risk of these recurring failures in future. Hence a simple data analysis saves billions of dollars, and yet helps you to generate a risk free strategy.
3. It aids in route optimization to help the package delivery vehicles dispatch their orders within no time, thus this prominent reduction in time also crowns the technology of Big Data.
4. Unlike its name, big data not only supports data analysis but also analyzes Stock Keeping Units to track the profit yielding products of the inventory.
5. Big Data is not merely a business tool, but is equally beneficial to customers by generating automated sale coupons by tracking the purchase history based on prior and current transactions.
6. With big data clickstream analysis and data mining technologies, you can now minimize any fraudulent and unauthorized invasions, which can harm your business in one way or other.
Hadoop, Cassandra and MongoDB
High Performance Technologies of Big Data Analysis
Since every phenomenon has its own limitations, Big Data though having the capacity to store terabyte data, it still lacks the ability to handle this massive conversion in full readable text. However, high performance big data analytics technologies can always serve the purpose irrespective of the data size. Three main such technologies are Hadoop, Cassandra and MongoDB. Hadoop along with its SQL columnar data storage is the most widely used big data technology owing to its ability of bulk as well as large data retrievals. On the other hand, MongoDB and Cassandra are pretty similar in nature due to their NoSQL data storehouse based on key value pairing system. Yet clients even opt for Hadoop for NoSQL data storage due to its heavy analysis capacity for sheer volumes of data. Aptude has some additional information about Big Data benefits & usage.