VPN software is getting popular among Internet users of different professions, lifestyles and social status as this is the type of basic and essential protection of online activity everyone should have. No matter for what purposes Internet is used, whether it is purely entertaining or work-related, the risk of getting hacked is always present. Theft and fraud are the main reason why any business should be protected. VPN tool is also vital while abroad and experiencing difficulties with having access to streaming content or social networks. Without proper protection it is not advisable to make online payments or share private files by means of public Wi-Fi networks.
Another source of danger – torrents. Today, they are very popular especially among youth – students, who require numerous text books and other materials that are hard to find. The reason of torrents’ popularity is the ability to find required files in no time. Almost everyone uses certain torrent client.
in order to download and upload files. VPN protection is essential here as well as it allows evading responsibility for sharing of copyrighted materials and effectively hides users’ identity. Downloading files is also easier as with the right VPN provider comes lightning speed and unlimited bandwidth.
We are all used to torrents being effective way of downloading materials from the Internet. But they also have flaws and negative aspects:
- Risk of getting a malware. Any downloaded file may contain a virus, therefore it must be checked with anti-virus.
- Virus-affected torrent files can seriously affect PC’s operational processes.
- Unauthorized access to a user’s data is possible once torrents are downloaded. Vulnerability to hackers’ attacks is another major flaw users will face.
- Legal troubles are as well possible due to sharing copyrighted materials.
- There is also a risk to provide third parties with access to corporate files. This is possible in case if an employee downloads torrents and keeps them in the folder with business-related data. Keeping torrent files in a separate folder is a #1 rule.
In order to anonymize torrenting activities VPN services are strongly recommended.
Safe torrenting with trusted VPN tools
Nowadays it is very easy to choose a reliable VPN provider as market has a lot of offers and they all worth of attention. It is wiser not to use free services as user’s personal data may be compromised. Here are few front runners of the VPM market:
- Express VPN software offers over 15000 IPs, solid data encryption, unlimited speed and bandwidth;
- NordVPN ensures user’s anonymity along with privacy, offers kill switch option, and keeps no logs;
- PureVPN has over 500 servers, offers up to 5 simultaneous connections and secure Wi-Fi.
Personal privacy is of greater importance, so make sure you are under protection of trusted VPN provider.