Electrical installation is a composite structure of electrical apparatus which is installed to give continuous supply of electricity. You cannot imagine your life without electricity. It is highly recommended to use safe instruments that offer longevity. If you are thinking to build a new home, then you will need to establish stable power supply in homes and offices. You need to properly understand the wiring system which is required for your newly build home. You need to make a planned budget to avoid any extra expenses.
There are several government and private organizations which regulate this entire procedure of power installation. Their primary concern is to provide safety to avoid any mishaps and the appliances that they use have long durability. You have to appoint an efficient worker for proper installation.
As you have to be very careful about safety norms, so you should take some measures during the electrical installation procedure. You have to get international standard materials so that disaster can be avoided. Most importantly you should chalk out a plan with electrical engineer who can guide you about feasible installation. A full-proof plan must be executed by a professional electrician. You must try to use more advanced materials and testing instrument. An electrician must provide adequate information on how the customer can take care of all electronic appliances. The installation requires proper maintenance to reduce the risk of emergencies.
Components used for electrical installation
- Cable: It is one of the most important elements of electrical installation. The conductor is made of copper. But the flexible cable consists of aluminium. Electrician can make different sizes of conductors as per their need. They prefer 3 phase wiring for installation.
- Switches: You must choose highly recommended switches and switchboards.
- Switchgear: The switchgear is used for isolating and protecting electrical instruments. The circuit breakers are put inside the switchgear. When any disruptions appear, electricians de-energize this to find out the faults.
- MCB: The MCB panel is used because if there is any accidental overloading, can provide protection without any hindrance. The tripping in the MCB panel denotes the intensity of overload. MCB can provide protection during short-circuits.
- Alternative Current Distribution Board: This panel works as the main supply of electricity system. It can give protection during overload situation.
- Junction Box: Electricity supply companies have made installation of junction box mandatory. It helps to prevent tampering in domestic households and offices.
- Lightening Arrester: It consists of ground terminal and high-voltage terminal and it can protect the appliances from any damage during lightening or flashing.
- Earthing: During the electrical installation, it is mandatory to install this earthing system. It is done to establish a connection with the ground. You can use this to save electrical appliances from lightening effect. Even it can prevent voltage faults and you can avoid the risk of hazardous incidents.
- Emergency grid: Emergency electrical system can act an independent source of electricity supply. When the normal power grid malfunctions, this source can be used as an alternative to primary electric supply.
- Motor starter: This device is used to reduce the intensity of current and then later to increase the supply of current and this also work as an overload shield.
- Transformer: An electrical transformer is used to transfer high voltage current from one circuit to another circuit and it can maintain the frequency of power supply.
Whether you are establishing new connections or rewiring your old house, you should abide by safety regulations and guidelines during electrical installation. A professional electrician takes special measures to provide you uninterrupted services. The delivery points of electricity supply must be moving within the electrical installations. The dimension depends on the supply of power. So, you should appoint an electrician who has adequate knowledge and skill and can provide you proper services.