AA or associate of arts degree is offered in different parts of the world with a curriculum that is spread over a period of two years. Many educational institutions offer online AA degrees as well. Students can attend these programs while staying at home and taking lectures online. One of the major advantages of studying in an online AA degree program is that students can take classes at their own schedule and complete their associate degree in less than two years.
Associate degrees are more like vocational training courses that students acquire in order to develop a skillset in a particular field. AA or Associate of Art is one of the most popular two-year degree program available to students in many parts of the world. One of the best ways to complete an online AA degree is to look for universities that have been accredited by regional or national agencies. An associate degree is a great way to gain a competitive advantage in the workforce.
AA or Associate of Arts degree is mostly offered in the field of social science and humanities. Courses that become part of this curriculum include music, psychology, English, and arts. Most students who take up AA degrees transfer their credits to a bachelor’s degree or use it as a jump start to their professional career.
Employers today are hiring more graduates with associate degrees than ever before. They consider this workforce quite important for their business as these students undergo extensive training in a particular subject.
Advantages of acquiring an online AA degree
Some of the major advantages of attending online schools offering AA degree programs include:
- Students can work and study at the same time. This is made possible by lecturers uploading their presentation on the online dashboard that can be accessed by students 24/7. As per their own schedule, online AA degree students can manage their work and studies at the same time.
- Online AA degrees are much cheaper than conventional degree programs. Since universities do not need to maintain their classrooms for online students, they offer these courses at a much lower price than their traditional programs. Another reason why online AA degree programs are quite cheap is that students enrolled in these programs do all the learning at their own premises.
- Imagine if you did not have to wake up early in the morning every day to go to the university. That is how most of the online AA degree programs work. You get up at your own suitable time and without brushing your hair or changing your clothes, you can start taking lectures online.
- Students who are registered in online AA degree programs do not need to spend too much time and money on printing documents or carrying them to school. Since all assignments can be completed online, they can be uploaded to an online dashboard as and when required.
- Another useful benefit of attending an online AA degree is that after completing your two years of associate education at much lower costs, you can transfer your credits to a traditional undergraduate degree-granting institution.
How to select an online AA degree?
When making your selection for an online AA degree, you should consider the following points:
The flexibility of Schedule – Since many students who want to take up an online Associate of Arts degree want to complete their course while working part-time as well. It is always better to check the course schedule before starting your degree program. Although you can always re-visit your instructors’ lectures to gain a deeper understanding of the subject, some courses may require class participation as well. Choosing a course schedule that does not interfere with your professional job will be quite helpful in the long run.
Price – The cost of degree is one of the most important aspects of an online program. One of the major reasons many prospective students prefer online degrees over traditional ones is the lower costs. Hence, it is essential that you compare the fees of all the different institutions that you are applying for before making a final decision.
Private versus public university – Private universities may provide a smaller class size with more attention to detail by the professors. However, the trade-off is that they are harder to get into and cost more than the public institution. Before you start your application for any online AA program, you should check if the university is state or privately owned.
Importance of Joining an Accredited Online Educational Institution
When applying for an online AA degree, one must ensure that the degree-granting institute is accredited by a regional or national accreditation agency. The accreditation process allows governing bodies in the field of education to ensure that the courses being taught at a particular institute are up-to-date, and methods of teaching are of high standard.
When federal grants are being offered to university students, the government agencies look for institutes that have been accredited by regional or national governing bodies. Hence, students joining accredited educational institutions have a higher chance of acquiring a scholarship or federal grants than those attending unaccredited online universities.
Another major benefit of attending an accredited university is that courses can be easily transferred to other universities as well.
The accreditation process starts by a university reaching out to one of their regional or national accreditation agency to become part of their network. The first step for a university to achieve the accreditation status is to submit their policies and procedures along with course curriculum to the governing body. Once the application papers have been received and reviewed, the accreditation body visits the campus to ensure that all policies are being practically followed at the university. Upon their satisfactory visit, the accreditation agency recognizes the university as an accredited degree-granting institute.
Online AA degrees are one of the most cost-effective methods to acquire advanced knowledge in the field of social sciences. It is a great way for prospective students to complete their undergraduate program and start their professional experience in a minimal amount of time.